Kara Stanford, Strategic Marketing Consultant
Kara is an incisive, methodical marketing professional who uses marketing to deliver results. With over 15 years’ experience as a marketing consultant, she understands the needs of SMEs, balancing marketing rigour with realism.
She is a lecturer with the Oxford Professional Education Group, teaching professionals who are gaining their Chartered Institute of Marketing professional qualifications.
Kara’s clients appreciate her incisiveness and energy combined with a strong understanding of marketing theory and how to apply it to their specific business.
“Kara’s approach was structured and rigorous, and I appreciated the patience with which she explored the detail of my business, to isolate the marketing priorities.”
Dr Mike Clayton, MD of Online PM Courses, business author, coach and consultant
Her passion, enthusiasm and values based approach to both life and business were recognised when in 2017 she was named the ‘Watertight Marketing Accredited Consultant of the Year’. This award recognises the strategic marketing consultant within the Watertight Marketing Expert Community who has most embodied the shared values in the preceding year.
- Chartered Marketer (CIM), since 2010
- Marketing lecturer with Oxford Professional Education Group, 2015 to present day
- Watertight Marketing Accredited Consultant, 2015-2019
- BA (Jt Hons) University of Bristol,1995
Brief career history:
- Worked at LloydsTSB in their Business Banking division; held a couple of roles on a major change programme and at the same time studied for her Post Graduate Diploma in Marketing with the Chartered Institute of Marketing.
- Moved to the public sector. As Avon Fire and Rescue Service’s first Marketing Manager, she pioneered the infant techniques of social marketing and implemented key Internal Communication strategies.
- In 2006, became a freelance consultant, working with over 20 organisations in the public and private sector, using process improvement, performance management, learning and development and marketing and communication techniques to bring about organisational change.
- Following a career break, in 2011 moved with her family to the French Pyrenees; took up the new post of Marketing Director of a small tour operator business.
- Returned to the UK, and established KMS Marketing in 2013, providing SMEs with an affordable way to have a professional, multi-layered marketing team.
- Following maternity leave, Kara returned to KMS Marketing in January 2016, focusing on strategic marketing, providing marketing reviews and planning and select implementation.
Random stuff about Kara
- She loves learning languages and how languages are going to be put together
- She’d much rather be… outdoors – hiking, walking, being in the sea, gardening and growing her own vegetables
- She’d love to… travel again.