The KMS Marketing approach
KMS Marketing focuses on strategic marketing; helping businesses review and plan their marketing then supporting the plan’s implementation.
Kara Stanford owns and runs KMS Marketing, which was established in January 2013.
Based in Hampshire, UK, KMS Marketing works with Directors and owners of ambitious, growing SMEs helping them review, plan and structure their marketing function so it’s effective and delivers business goals.
Kara is a Strategic Marketing Consultant. Her structured, focused approach to reviewing, planning, and implementing marketing is backed up by sound marketing theories.
These are tempered with a dose of practical reality – SMEs don’t have the budgets that marketing text books are written for and often can’t invest in their staff the way big firms can.
They need a Marketing Consultant who can offer them sound advice that suits their needs – Kara supplies it.
Key facts and potted biog:
- Chartered Marketer since 2010
- Marketing Lecturer for Oxford College of Marketing
- Won the ‘Watertight Marketing Accredited Consultant of the Year’ award in 2017
- Began her career at Lloyds TSB
- Created award-winning Social Marketing campaigns centred on behavioural change for Avon Fire & Rescue Service
- Worked as a Management Consultant
- At KMS Marketing has worked with over 27 SMEs since 2013.
- Chartered Marketer (CIM), since 2010
- CEO and Founder of The Marketing Spaces.
- Marketing lecturer with Oxford Professional Education Group, 2015 to present day
- Watertight Marketing Accredited Consultant, 2015-2019
- BA (Jt Hons) University of Bristol, 1995
Brief career history:
- Worked at LloydsTSB in their Business Banking division; held a couple of roles on a major change programme and at the same time studied for her Post Graduate Diploma in Marketing with the Chartered Institute of Marketing.
- Moved to the public sector. As Avon Fire and Rescue Service’s first Marketing Manager, she pioneered the infant techniques of social marketing and implemented key Internal Communication strategies.
- In 2006, became a freelance consultant, working with over 20 organisations in the public and private sector, using process improvement, performance management, learning and development and marketing and communication techniques to bring about organisational change.
- Following a career break, in 2011 moved with her family to the French Pyrenees; took up the new post of Marketing Director of a small tour operator business.
- Returned to the UK, and established KMS Marketing in 2013, providing SMEs with an affordable way to have a professional, multi-layered marketing team.
- Following maternity leave, Kara returned to KMS Marketing in January 2016, focusing on strategic marketing, providing marketing reviews and planning and select implementation.
- In 2021, Kara Founded The Marketing Spaces a membership club for marketers and business people who want to take time to think about marketing, then figure out the best way to apply it to their situation.
Her downtime includes:
- Being outdoors
- Ferrying her children around.