Kara Stanford, MD and Strategic Marketing Consultant
Kara is an incisive, methodical marketing professional who uses marketing to deliver results. With over 12 years’ experience as a marketing consultant, she understands the needs of SMEs, balancing marketing rigour with realism.
- Chartered Marketer (CIM)
- Watertight Marketing ™ Accredited Marketer
- Marketing tutor and lecturer with Oxford College of Marketing
- BA (Jt Hons) University of Bristol
- Worked at LloydsTSB in their Business Banking division; held a couple of roles on a major change programme and at the same time studied for her Post Graduate Diploma in Marketing with the Chartered Institute of Marketing.
- Moved to the public sector. As Avon Fire and Rescue Service’s first Marketing Manager, she pioneered the infant techniques of social marketing and implemented key Internal Communication strategies.
- In 2006, became a freelance consultant, working with over 20 organisations in the public and private sector, using process improvement, performance management, learning and development and marketing and communication techniques to bring about organisational change.
- Following a career break, in 2011 moved with her family to the French Pyrenees; took up the new post of Marketing Director of a small tour operator business.
- Returned to the UK, and established KMS Marketing in 2013 which provided SMEs with an affordable way to have a professional, multi-layered marketing team.
- Following a break from maternity leave, returned to KMS Marketing in January 2016, focusing on strategic marketing, providing marketing reviews and planning.