You’ve created your piece of marketing. It’s ready to go. But you hesitate. You aren’t sure. You are wondering, “Will this actually work?”.
Well, before you hit GO, run through this checklist of four key questions to help you get your answer.
1. Why are you doing this?
- What is the end result you need/want/are hoping for?
- Why do you think this piece of marketing will achieve that result?
- How long will it take to achieve those results?
2. Who is this aimed at?
- Which target market is this aimed at?
- Any particular segments of this market?
- How do you know it will appeal to them?
- Which stage of the buying process are these targets at?
- Does this piece of marketing fit what they need at that stage?
3. Where does this fit in your Marketing Plan?
- Is this a one-off piece?
- Is it part of a campaign?
- How does it fit in with your other marketing and PR that is going on?
- How much budget are you spending on this?
- What is the proportional spend of your Marketing Budget?
- Will you get that money back?
4. How has this marketing been done?
- Is it obvious what you want people to do/think/feel as a result of this piece of marketing?
- What is the next step they have to take? Is it clearly signposted?
- Is your brand represented how you want it to be? Logo? Colours? Font? Language?
- Are your key company details on there and clearly visible eg name, contact details, website
- Does the text/image make sense to your target group?
- Has it been proof-read?
There is no magic marketing formula – it is always about research, thinking, planning and great execution. When all of these come together then yes, your marketing will work. If you’d like help reviewing your marketing activities to make sure they are as effective as possible, then contact me.
Did you find this blog useful? Then please hit the tweet button below and share it.
[tweetthis hidden_hashtags=”#KMSMarketing”]Will my marketing work?[/tweetthis]
Author: Kara Stanford, Strategic Marketing Consultant, KMS Marketing